- Tents Direct (Pty) Ltd (hereafter “Tents Direct” or “we” or “us” or “our”), respects your privacy and the protection of your personal information is important to us. We are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection.
- This Notice aims to inform you – in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act No 4 of 2013 (POPIA) – how Tents Direct will treat any personal information that we may have about you and how you can access such personal information.
- For purposes of this privacy statement, “personal information”, “data subject” and “processing” will have the meanings as defined in the POPIA.
- We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement at any time, without prior notice, by posting the amended statement on our website.
APPLICATION OF THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
- Our privacy practices apply to the processing of personal information collected by us or on our behalf, such as data subjects who use of our website and/or our products and services, and/or who provide us with products and services, customers and any other data subjects who engage with us.
- This privacy statement does not apply to third party websites linked to our website, or websites that link to or advertise on our website.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The personal information may be provided to us by you and/or collected by us when you engage with us and/or on your use of our products and services, and/or when you provide us with your products and services, and/or when you access our website or from third parties (such as regulators).
- The type of personal information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. The specific purpose for which the information is collected will be apparent from the context in which the information is requested -including but not limited to – when:
- You purchase and/or use our products and services.
- You submit enquiries to us or contact us and you may be required to provide your name and surname, identity or passport number, postal and/or street address, title, contact numbers and/or e-mail address.
- You make use of our website or interact with us on social media, we may collect your non-personal browsing habits and click patterns, e-mail address, your device’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), or other diagnostic and statistical data.
- You apply for employment at Tents Direct you may be required to provide your name and surname, identity number, and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- You visit our premises where CCTV cameras are installed.
- Where possible, we will inform you what information is voluntary or mandatory for you to provide to us and the consequences for failing to provide the requested information.
- We will only retain your personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes as have been identified by us and/or as required by law and/or as agreed with you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Personal information will only be processed for the purposes for which it was collected and/or to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and/or as authorised by law and/or with your consent.
- The purposes for which we process personal information includes, but is not limited to:
- Respond to your enquiry;
- Provide services or products to you;
- Comply with legal requirements or industry codes;
- Market or promote our services and products;
- Safety and security reasons; and to
- Compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns, and access to the Tents Direct website.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- Tents Direct may disclose your personal information to third parties in certain circumstances, which include, but are not limited to:
- Where we have your consent.
- Where we are required to do so by law.
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
- To our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you, where we have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms.
- 5.2 Third parties who we disclose personal information may include, but are not limited to:
- Service providers to Tents Direct.
- Accredited debt collection agencies.
- Regulators, courts, tribunals and law enforcement agencies.
- We may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual and retain all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
- We may need to transfer your personal information to another country for processing or storage. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with similar protection as provided for in the POPIA.
- We may transfer your information to other countries which do not have similar protection as provided for in the POPIA, with your consent.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
CSSA will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
- We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent any unauthorised or unlawful access, loss of, damage to or unauthorised destruction of personal information.
- We have implemented various policies, procedures and standards to safeguard personal information.
- We regularly verify that the safeguards are effectively implemented and ensure that they are continually updated in line with best practice.
- Tents Direct has implemented procedures to address actual and suspected data breaches and undertake to notify you and the relevant regulatory authorities of breaches in instances in which Tents Direct is legally required to do so and within the period in which such notification is necessary.
- When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Subject to the provisions of the POPIA, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information.
- Request, where necessary, the correction, destruction or deletion of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of your personal information.
- Submit a complaint to the Information Regulator regarding the alleged interference with the protection of the personal information.
- Institute civil proceedings regarding the alleged interference with the protection of your personal information.
- Tents Direct collects, stores and uses the abovementioned information for the following purposes:
- To communicate requested information to the User.
- To provide services to the User as requested by the User.
- Too authenticate the User;
- To provide the User with access to restricted pages on this website.
- To compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the Tents Direct website.
- Information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by the User. Users may determine cookie use independently through their browser settings. For purposes of this clause, a cookie means a small computer file created by a web browser to save user information for web site.
- Cookies ensure that we can continually improve our website. We utilise “first party cookies” (originating from us) to simply track the user’s visits between sessions and deliver a more personalised experience. We also utilise “third party cookies” (not originating from us) to provide traffic analysis and tracking.
If you have any queries about this Privacy Statement, you require further information about our privacy practices, wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses below or as listed on our website.
Denel Business Park, Nellmapius Drive, Irene, Pretoria, South Africa
Tel: +27 (0)12 671 1010 | Fax: +27 (0)12 671 1438 | firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator in writing as detailed on the website https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/contact.html to:
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: email@example.com
House 27 Stiemens Street
PO Box 31533